Starting Fall 2020, Collegiate Recovery Community is launching a weekly recovery support group.
- Smart Recovery® is a 4-point science-based recovery program support group where participants learn self-empowering skills and support each other in recovery.
- Smart Recovery® will be facilitated weekly by trained facilitators and trained peer leaders.
- The focus of these meetings will be to provide a safe environment for students to discuss matters related to recovery and life as a college student at Iowa State University.
- The goal is for this program to help students develop the necessary social support and skills to maintain sobriety or to achieve sobriety from substance use disorder or process addiction.
- There is no requirement that students be affiliated with any other recovery, 12-step or support group. The only requirement is that students are committed to a goal of maintaining or working towards abstinence from substance use or other addiction.
More information on date, time, and location of Fall meetings will be coming soon!
Email email@example.com for more information!