Starting Fall 2020, Collegiate Recovery Community is launching a weekly recovery support group.
- SMART Recovery® is a 4-point science-based recovery program support group where participants learn self-empowering skills and support each other in recovery.
- SMART Recovery® will be facilitated weekly by trained facilitators and trained peer leaders.
- The focus of these meetings will be to provide a safe environment for students to discuss matters related to recovery and life as a college student at Iowa State University.
- The goal is for this program to help students develop the necessary social support and skills to maintain sobriety or to achieve sobriety from substance use disorder or process addiction.
- There is no requirement that students be affiliated with any other recovery, 12-step or support group. The only requirement is that students are committed to a goal of maintaining or working towards abstinence from substance use or other addiction.
During Winter Break (November 24, 2020 – January 19,2021), meetings are virtual on Tuesday Evenings from 6-7pm
During Spring 2021 semester – Meetings are virtual on Thursday evenings from 6-7pm.
To learn more about SMART Recovery®, visit the website: https://www.smartrecovery.org/
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!