For more information about recovery resources, click on the links below.
- Ames AA has information on how to get connected to Ames Area Intergroup Alcoholics Anonymous.
- AA Ames Meeting Schedule
- Community and Family Resources (CFR) is a local non-profit organization with multiple locations including Ames. CFR offers a variety of programs including detoxification services, outpatient & inpatient substance abuse treatment, mental health services, as well as additional services.
- Youth Standing Strong (YSS) is a local non-profit organization with multiple locations including Ames. YSS offers various programs including mental health and substance abuse services.
National Helpline —1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) National Helpline is a free, confidential, 24/7, 365-day-a-year treatment referral and information service (in English and Spanish) for individuals and families facing mental and/or substance use disorders.
- The Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator is a confidential and anonymous source of information for persons seeking treatment facilities in the United States or U.S. Territories for substance abuse/addiction and/or mental health problems.
- National resources on recovery for college students
- Find local addiction recovery centers
- Support for overcoming substance misuse