Campus, Community, National Resources
This link will connect you to some campus, community, and national resources around personal wellbeing, safety, and academic success
If this is an emergency, and/or if there is an immediate threat to self or others, you are strongly encouraged to call 911. If you are in crisis, these resources are here to help you
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for AA membership is a desire to stop drinking. Click link below for the AA meeting schedule.
- Substance use and addiction counseling in Ames community.
- Community and Family Resources (CFR) is a local non-profit organization with multiple locations including Ames. CFR offers a variety of programs including detoxification services, outpatient & inpatient substance abuse treatment, mental health services, as well as additional services.
- YSS is a local non-profit organization with multiple locations including Ames. YSS offers various programs including mental health and substance abuse services.
- Resources for Asian American and Pacific Islander community
- Recovery and mental health resources for People of Color
National Helpline —1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) National Helpline is a free, confidential, 24/7, 365-day-a-year treatment referral and information service (in English and Spanish) for individuals and families facing mental and/or substance use disorders.
- The Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator is a confidential and anonymous source of information for persons seeking treatment facilities in the United States or U.S. Territories for substance abuse/addiction and/or mental health problems.
- National resources on recovery for college students
- Find local addiction recovery centers
- Support for overcoming substance misuse
Some Substance Free Events and Activities at ISU