Student Health and Wellness offers a 90 min recovery ally training for faculty, staff, and students focused on how to support students in recovery or seeking recovery.
In order to create an atmosphere of acceptance and empowerment for students who are in or considering recovery, Recovery Ally training provides an overview of what recovery means and what it looks like to build a recovery positive environment for students in or seeking recovery and to help them feel accepted by their peers.
Topics Covered include:
- Understand the complex nature of substance use disorder
- Language matters – preventing stigma
- Confront stigma regarding substance use disorders and recovery
- Be able to effectively listen and respond to those who express needs using supportive language
- Define the multiple pathways approach to achieving wellness in recovery
- Know available recovery support resources and how to access them
Everyone who completes the training and commits to practicing allyship will receive a button, sticker, and placard for their space.
Training for Spring 2022 semester is available on request for a group or you can enroll in one of our upcoming trainings offered on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays at 3pm.
|1/27/22||3:00-4:30pm||Memorial Union 3558|
|2/10/22||3:00-4:30pm||Memorial Union Oak Room|
|2/24/22||3:00-4:30pm||Memorial Union 3560|
|3/10/22||3:00-4:30pm||Memorial Union Oak Room|
|4/7/22||3:00-4:30pm||Menorial Union 3560|
Training by Request
Fill out the form below to request a Recovery Ally Training for your group