Joyful Eating Online Programs are self-guided, interactive programs for students to learn more about various topics like meal planning, grocery budgeting, intuitive eating, and more. Click on the link below to enroll in a program. You can do these on your own time.
Click the button below to enroll in any of the Joyful Eating Programs. You will receive the link to Canvas after you fill out the form via email.
Four part self-guided course to enhance your cooking and basic food preparation skills!
Meal Planning and Grocery Budgeting
In this self-guided program, you will learn how to prepare meals for yourself on a budget, incorporate the foods you love, and creating well balanced meals. By the end of the program, you should be able to:
- Explain how planning ahead can save time, money, prevent food waste and ensure a variety of food.
- Create a monthly food budget.
- List 3 items every kitchen needs.
- Identify and relate to 1 the 4 different types of meal planners.
- List the recommended steps for meal planning and grocery shopping as well as identify 2 resources for cost effective, nutritious recipes.
- List 3 methods or recipes to use leftovers.
We are excited to share Joyful Eating, our life- changing approach to food, nutrition, and body image. This course will provide you with an understanding of Joyful Eating and how to incorporate its principles into your life. By the end of this program, you should be able to:
- Define ‘Diet Culture’ and how it impacts the way we view food and our bodies.
- Define ‘Intuitive Eating’.
- Explain why Student Wellness uses the term ‘Joyful Eating’ instead of ‘Nutrition’ or ‘Diet’.
- Explore how the diet mentality can be harmful.
- Identify the ‘Food Police’.
- Describe why having flexible structure with food is important.
- Identify signs of hunger and fullness.
- Identify productive coping mechanisms and self-care.
- Differentiate between exercise as punishment and joyful movement.
- Describe how nutrition, health, and internal regulation generate authentic health.
Most of the concepts in this course come from The Intuitive Eating Workbook by Evenlyn Tribole and Elyse Resch, The Intuitive Eating Workbook for Teens by Elyse Resch, and pages 1-54 of Secrets of Feeding a Healthy Family by Ellyn Satter. You do not need to purchase any materials for this course, but if you were able to purchase one – we would recommend The Intuitive Eating Workbook by Evenlyn Tribole and Elyse Resch. A full list of resources is available in the next section of this Introduction module.
Course Logistics: We will be using videos, written documents and exercises/tools to teach this content. The course will primarily be taught by campus dietitians, with administrative support from interns. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Learn how to manage symptoms associated with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), a common diagnosis with a variety of uncomfortable symptoms including gas, bloating, constipation, and diarrhea.
Diabetes and Intuitive Eating
Learn how intuitive eating can help you manage your Type 2 Diabetes.
Health at Every Size
Learn how to live a fully present life, where weight is NOT an indication of health.
If right now, or after completing this Joyful Eating course, you feel that something is not right in your relationship with food/your body OR if you actively engage in food restriction, binging, purging, laxative use, compulsive exercise, or feel extreme shame or disgust when you look in the mirror – please complete the dietary intake form at the bottom of this page to receive help here on campus. Once the form is completed, a campus dietitian will reach out to schedule an appointment.