ISU Green Dot > Get Involved
Enter the Green Dot Action Network
The success of ISU Green Dot depends on community engagement and support. The Green Dot Network is a crucial part of spreading information about Green Dot across campus and making violence prevention efforts accessible to all students, faculty, and staff. There are many ways of participating in the Green Dot Network:
- Organize a Green Dot training for your group
- Host a Green Dot event for students, faculty, and/or staff
- Attend violence prevention programming throughout the year
- Post Green Dot materials around your space
- Talk with your people about Green Dot and encourage them to get involved
To celebrate your commitment to the safety of our community, Green Dot Action Network members get swag from our constantly evolving inventory of incentives, like t-shirts, window clings, pins, pop-sockets, and more! In addition, Green Dot team members will provide ongoing support and communication to groups in the Green Dot Network to help you stay engaged in violence prevention.
Join the Green Dot Campus Team
The Green Dot program relies on community mobilization and campus-wide engagement to reduce rates of violence and empower everyone to recognize their role in violence prevention. Certifying staff and faculty from across campus as Green Dot facilitators is a vital part of achieving this goal. The Green Dot Campus Team is made up of these facilitators.
The Green Dot Campus Team works closely with the violence prevention coordinators in Student Wellness to help coordinate Green Dot efforts throughout the year, such as planning for Green Dot Action Month and Sexual Assault Awareness Month. Green Dot Campus Team members may receive compensation for their work in the form of an EMPP or PEP.
Team members share in the following responsibilities:
- Attend the 32-hour Green Dot training to become a Green Dot Facilitator
- Facilitate Green Dot Trainings throughout the year for the ISU Community
- Attend Regular Green Dot Campus Team meetings
- Engage in outreach to bring other folks into the Green Dot Network
- Help to plan and implement violence prevention efforts throughout the year
Tag #GreenDotISU on Social Media
Learn more about interpersonal, power-based violence, get updates about Green Dot at ISU, and let us know what you are doing to support violence prevention on campus! Tag us on social media at the following handles:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/isugreendot/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ISUGreenDot/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ISUGreenDot