Green Dot Program Coordinators
Green Dot at Iowa State is hiring two (2) Green Dot Program Coordinators for 2019 – 2020 academic year.
Terms of Employment: August 2019 – May 2020 (possibility of renewal)
Compensation: $10/hour; 10 hours per week
Position Description: ISU Student Wellness focuses on holistic wellness and work with students to create a university environment that promotes health and well-being. ISU Student Wellness coordinates the Green Dot program. Green Dot at Iowa State is a comprehensive violence prevention program that aims to decrease power-based personal violence on campus by utilizing education, outreach, and development as mechanisms for increasing awareness and competency around bystander intervention skills.
The Program Coordinator(s) will be primarily responsible for:
- Administration and coordination of trainings and events.
- Facilitating trainings to students, faculty and staff.
- Collaborating with student health and wellness-related peer organizations.
- Coordinating recruitment and planning of Green Dot Bystander Training.
- Engaging specific campus populations in the development of education related to Green Dot (men, Greeks, athletes, underrepresented students, etc.).
- Assisting in development, training and implementation of peer education course curriculum.
- Creating, planning and often collaborating with campus community on educational programming including but not limited to: panels, speakers, resource and information tables, and awareness and action-oriented events.
- Developing and carrying out marketing, promotion, and advertising of programs: newsletters, positive messaging, bulletin boards, and events.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of community relevant violence prevention materials to include website content, social norming campaign, posters and educational videos.
- Assisting with campus-wide programs, fairs, and events.
- All other duties as assigned.
There will also be opportunities to work outside of the department to connect with students, faculty and staff on wellness related initiatives.
- Degree seeking student at Iowa State University
- Must be enrolled full-time each semester
- Undergraduate and graduate student only
- Experience assisting with wellness program planning, marketing and implementation
- Experience teaching or facilitating learning for others
- Competent writing and oral communication skills, including public speaking
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills
- Ability to be self-motivated, independent problem-solver, and to conduct oneself in a highly professional and ethical manner
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point, basic graphic design programs (i.e. Publisher), social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite), and Google applications
- Interest in Health Promotion, Community Health, Public Health, Communication Studies, Management, Family Services, Social Work, Women’s and Gender Studies or closely related field
Email resume and interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Position open until filled)
Jazzmine Brooks, Violence Prevention and Green Dot Coordinator
A37 Friley Hall, 212 Beyer Court
Ames, IA 50012-1058;