Community of C.A.R.E
Community of C.A.R.E is ISU’s student campus infrastructure that focuses on student group collective action to prioritize and engage in wellbeing. Your social networks play a key role in wellbeing and shaping the norms around wellbeing. Community of C.A.R.E focuses on helping student groups (e.g. sororities, fraternities, clubs, organizations, teams, etc.) prioritize and engage in sustainable strategies to enhance wellbeing for all. We all play a role in creating a culture of wellbeing at ISU and this is a way you can contribute to shifting that culture!
Why Wellbeing Matters
To be successful in the classroom, we must be “ready” to learn. Our brain and body must be prepared for and open to learning experiences and this preparedness determines how much and how well we learn. To be ready and able to learn, we must be in a state of physical, emotional, psychological, intellectual, and social wellbeing.
- 27% of ISU students screen positive for suicidality
- 72% of ISU students experience moderate to severe psychological distress
- 31% of ISU students are food insecure
- 61% of ISU students report poor quality sleep
Focusing on wellbeing is more important than ever. Here is how you can prioritize wellbeing with your social network!
Student groups who participate in Community of C.A.R.E will receive the following
- Free swag (buttons, stickers)
- Chances to win prizes (t-shirts for your group, pizza parties, etc.)
- Toolkit to help choose strategies to enhance wellbeing
- Support from our Peer Wellness Educator team (ISU students who focus on helping enhance student wellbeing)
- Regular communication from Student Health and Wellness on upcoming programs, resources, and events around wellbeing.
- Enhanced experience at ISU!
Follow these steps for your group to join Community of C.A.R.E at ISU
- Step 1: Participate in “Community of C.A.R.E – Building Culture of Wellbeing” Presentation facilitated by students and commit to Community of C.A.R.E as a group.
Establish a commitment to prioritize wellbeing and participate to Community of C.A.R.E as a group (e.g. add to constitution or bylaws, adopt a statement, agree at a meeting, add as a team expectation, etc.).
Meet with your group to identify three strategies from toolkit below or create your own.
- Step 2: Fill out form to participate as a group in Community of C.A.R.E
Step 3: Periodically record progress on your group strategies by completing automated emails.
Step 4: Tag @bewellisu in group photos of you all engaging in strategies for changes to win incentives!