Every year, all first-year students entering Iowa State from high school will be required to complete the online alcohol risk reduction program, AlcoholEdu. Students should log on to Canvas for detailed information and to complete the requirement within the given time frame.
To access AlcoholEdu:
- Go to: https://canvas.iastate.edu/
- Click “Dashboard” on the left.
- Click the tile that says “AlcoholEdu for College.”
- For assistance anytime you’re in the AlcoholEdu program, please click the “Help” button.
- To log back into your account as a “Returning User,” always access AlcoholEdu through Canvas: https://canvas.iastate.edu/
Login problems? Contact the Iowa State Solution Center at 515-294-4000 or visit https://www.it.iastate.edu/support/solution for chat options, hours, etc.
General questions? Contact Iowa State Student Wellness at 515-294-1099 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our summer hours are 7:30am-4:00pm, or feel free to leave a voice-message with your information and we will return your call.
AlcoholEdu is a science-based, interactive online program that provides students with important, reliable information.
AlcoholEdu provides information on alcohol and its effects on the brain, body and behavior. It includes surveys, tests of knowledge and chapters with information about how:
- Expectations around how alcohol influences behavior
- How alcohol affects learning and memory
- How to recognize and respond to an alcohol-related emergency
- How the body and brain respond at various blood alcohol concentrations (BAC)
- How college students can reduce risk if they choose to consume alcohol
For technical assistance regarding the online program, please use the Help button tabs within the online course.
To request additional information regarding this online program, contact us at 515-294-1099 or email@example.com.