Completion of AlcoholEdu for College is required for all new, direct from high school students AND any transfer students of Iowa State University.
Please ensure that you have completed the course by August 1, 2020 with a passing exam score of 70%.
To access AlcoholEdu for College Part 1:
1. Go to Canvas: https://canvas.iastate.edu/
2. Click “Dashboard” on the left.
3. Click the tile that says “AlcoholEdu for College.”
- If you don’t see the tile – in the upper right hand corner, click on the three vertical dots to open a dropdown menu. Click on “Card View”. This will switch it from the To Do list view to the Card View and you should be able to see the course.
5. For assistance anytime you’re in the AlcoholEdu program, please click the “Help” button.
6. To log back into your account as a “Returning User,” always access AlcoholEdu through Canvas: https://canvas.iastate.edu/
- Work at your own pace from any computer or tablet
- Courses will save your progress if you need to stop and return later
- Courses are best supported by the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Safari (preferred), or Microsoft Internet Explorer 11+
- If you have any accessibility issues, please select “accessibility mode” once you are in the course
- Need more help? Contact EVERFI’s tech support using “Help” within the course or by visiting support.everfi.com
We want all Cyclones to thrive in every aspect of their health, including mental health. This required learning module is designed to help incoming Cyclones increase their knowledge about how to assist other Cyclone’s in distress and resources available to you during the year. If you are currently struggling with your mental health or after completing this training you would like to seek additional support, there are a list of resources below. We appreciate that you are taking the time to complete this important and valuable training.
All incoming students (undergraduate, transfer, graduate, and professional students) are required to take the program by August 15th, 2021.
- Student Counseling Services- www.counseling.iastate.eduLinks to an external site.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – Calling 1-800-273-8255
- Crisis Text Line – Texting “ISU” to 741741
How do I start the training? Go to Modules and click on the link “Kognito”
Login problems? Contact the Iowa State Solution Center at 515-294-4000 or visit https://www.it.iastate.edu/support/solutionLinks to an external site. for chat options, hours, etc.
General questions about Kognito? Contact Iowa State Student Wellness at 515-294-1099 or via email at email@example.com. Our summer hours are 7:30am-4:00pm, or feel free to leave a voice-message with your information and we will return your call.